Why Drink Warm Lemon Water? — 12 Surprising Benefits
Why Drink Warm Lemon Water?– 12 Surprising Benefits
(WellnessPursuits.com) – With Covid-19 continuing to spread, these are difficult times for our world. It’s pretty clear that it’s more and more important that we rely on ourselves to make good decisions about our health.
Water is a pretty basic topic, but it’s essential for us to maintain good hydration while we’re trying to keep our immune systems strong. I’m pretty consistent about drinking lots of good, clean filtered water but I’ve learned there are additional steps I could take that would be a healthy boost for me to do.
It’s been my habit to drink hot green tea and coffee in the morning, but I started studying the benefits of drinking additonal beverages in the morning and I discovered that adding warm lemon water to my morning routine could be highly beneficial to my health.
Why lemon water? There are many far-reaching health benefits of adding lemon to warm water, ranging from boosting the immune system, creating clearer skin to possibly preventing cancer. Who would have thought that something as simple as squeezing lemon into warm water could do so much good!
This is what to do: Start with a full glass (at least 8 ounces) of warm, filtered or artesian alkaline water and squeeze the juice a of a half lemon into it. Please use organic lemons if you can. With any lemon, wash the skin thoroughly before squeezing the juice. Lots of people have handled that lemon before you did!
Drink it (and relish it) the first thing in the morning before you put anything else in your body. You’ll notice immediately that your mouth will feel and taste fresh. It will feel so fresh that you’ll want to refrain from brushing your teeth until after you have breakfast.
This brushing delay is important, because whenever you eat or drink anything that has a high acidity content like lemons or oranges (orange juice) etc., you should give your teeth at least a half hour to re-alkaline and firm up your tooth enamel before brushing them.
So why should you take the extra step to add warm lemon water to your morning? The health benefits of drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning are plentiful — Here are just 12 of them:
- Boosts Your Immune System — Helps your system gain a more alkaline state which is optimal to fight infection.
- Clears the Skin — Lemons add Vitamin C and anti-oxidants to your system which are wonderful for your complexion.
- Aids Digestion — Relieves indigestion and bloating.
- Aids in Weight Loss — Pectin, found in lemons helps curb hunger.
- Great Source of Potassium — Excellent for heart health, the brain and nervous system.
- Helps with Respiratory Problems and breathing problems such as asthma.
- Balances pH: While lemons may seem quite acidic, they’re a surprisingly good source of an alkaline food that can help balance your body’s pH.
- Energizes and Enhances Your Mood — Lemon juice gives your body an energy boost and provides help with anxiety and depression.
- Anti-Cancer Properties — Studies have supported the anti-cancer activity of citrus liminoids, compounds that protect your cells from damage. Cell damage can lead to the formation of cancer cells.
- Freshens Breath — Dry mouth contributes to bad breath. Lemons increase saliva production which promotes fresh breath.
- Brings Down a Fever — Forget the days of starving a fever! When your temperature goes up, drinking a lemon juice mixture can help bring your fever down faster.
- Cleanses Your System and Acts as a Diuretic — The enzymes found in lemons act as a stimulant to your liver to help detox your body.
Wow! I’d say those are 12 great reasons for drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning. If you’re also a coffee and tea drinker like me, you’ll find that warm lemon water first thing is a great addition to the other beverages we enjoy.
I hope that after reading about the benefits of this simple drink, you will start consuming it too, and make your body healthier and your mornings brighter.
To Your Healthy Pursuits!
Copyright 2022, WellnessPursuits.com