Reports

32 Ways to Prevent & Overcome Allergies

by Fred Fletcher, Wellness Contributor "Allergies" or "allergic reactions"--some of which are referred to as "hypersensitivity reactions" in the scientific community--are at epidemic (if not pandemic) levels right now.  Different theories are being proposed as to why this is so but the most convincing one (according to some experts) is that ubiquitous toxic chemicals and biological agents in our food, water and air are...

Studies Show CBD Oil May Provide Welcome Relief to Anxiety Sufferers

According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, more than 40 million adults over the age of 18 struggle with some sort of anxiety disorder --- generalized anxiety, panic disorders, social anxiety, phobias, and others. Despite the relative ease and availability of treatment, just under 37 percent of those with anxiety seek help, leaving more than 63 percent...

Smartphone Injuries You’ve Never Thought About

While there are some benefits to smartphone technology, doctors are becoming concerned about some of the physical drawbacks and injuries associated with their use. Is it possible you’re doing yourself more harm than good? Commonly Reported Smartphone Injuries It’s pretty common for people to struggle with aches and pains throughout the day. While a lot of us can pinpoint the causes...

Dangerous Blood Pressure Meds We Should Avoid

While they are supposed to be among the most highly regulated products on the market, pharmaceutical companies have been issuing blood pressure medication recalls throughout the past year. Common drugs like Losartan potassium, Amlodipine, Irbesartan and Valsartan have all been on the list. Are you taking one of these medications? Are those of us who do take them in...

CBD vs THC: The Molecular Difference You Need to Understand

There are more than 100 different cannabinoids, or chemical compounds found naturally within the cannabis plant. While they all have the ability to react with your body’s cannabinoid receptors on different levels, the two that get the most press these days are CBD (cannabidiol) and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). One gets you high and one doesn’t, but they both show a...

Surprising Link between Hot Tea and Cancer: What You Need to Know

While tea is known to have quite a number of health benefits, many of us were shocked to learn that drinking the piping hot brew may significantly increase our risks of developing esophageal cancer by up to 90 percent. Are you one of the thousands of people who like to enjoy a cup or two of hot tea throughout...

Severe Flu Strain Hits US; Death Toll Rises

A second wave of the flu is making rounds through the United States, and this strain has already taken tens of thousands of lives. Those with compromised immune systems or those who are caretakers of infants and the elderly may want to pay particular attention to this news, but what we found while researching this strain of the virus...

Why Do Super Smart People Like Being Alone?

Super smart people don't have a great reputation in the social skills department. It's not that smart people don't have friends, but a lot...